Saturday, March 27, 2010

Peace

Sophie lost another front tooth today.  Now the window is complete.  So at lunch the dorm kids were talking about teeth and they mentioned something – in Indonesian culture when you lose a bottom tooth you throw it up on the roof.  When you lose a top tooth you bury it in the ground.  No one was sure why, it is just the way it is done.  It is interesting how cultures differ.

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

The kids at the pool, Cale playing soccer, and a birthday party for one of Cale’s friends.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004

clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008

I was reading in a book last night about God’s peace-It was talking about how God is not only the giver of true peace, he IS our peace.  It went on to say, “Thanking God for the gift of peace, regardless of how we feel, is ultimately an act of trust.”  I was thinking about that.  I guess I never realized that God’s peace is always available to me.  Many times when the boat is really rocking and the waves are crashing around me, I don’t feel His peace.  That is not because it is not there, but because I am not accepting it.  Often times, if I stop and consider the facts, I realize that I am the one rocking the boat.  When situations of trouble come my way, I will sometimes hash it over and over in my mind causing the boat to continue rocking.  However, in every storm, God’s peace is available to comfort and calm.  There are enough boat rockers out there, we need more people who will give the storm to God and rest in His peace.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 says, “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with all of you.”

Love you

Rachel

No comments: