Saturday, March 27, 2010

Housecleaning

We have a family coming to stay with us for a few days. They will live back in our apartment. I have known for a little while that they were coming so I have had a chance to clean up, move some things around and make it all look nice and dandy. I was thinking about how I would feel if they came unannounced and just walked in and started looking in every nook and cranny… I know I would be embarrassed at the clutter, and disarray, but what else would I be embarrassed about? Movies, books, emails…what? There is much worse dirt in our lives than the flecks you can wipe off with your finger. I don’t want that kind of dirt in my home. I want to always be prepared for a guest. Now I am using this as a metaphorical picture of Christ. What do I do, or say that I hope He doesn’t notice? Or hope He doesn’t hear?

Spring will soon be here. It would be a great time to do some REAL housecleaning and get rid of all the dirt.

Love

Rachel

No comments: