Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goals

Today while I was out walking I decided something that I hope you will do with me. Once Labor Day is over and school starts, there really isn’t much to celebrate between now and Thanksgiving-unless you have a birthday or anniversary etc. So I was thinking that this would be a great time to set some goals to accomplish before Thanksgiving. I am not exactly sure what mine are going to be, I need to think about it, but I am going to pick three things. Will you do it with me? Now, if you are the kind of person that has a real hard time disciplining yourself in situations like this, then be realistic. Don’t say, “Lose 30 lbs.” Make a goal that will fit you. Maybe clean out the junk drawer, or eat healthier, spend more time with my children, get to know God better, watch less TV, read more, try to be neater, try to be more organized, spend less money, exercise more…whatever is you. Pick three things. I will let you know what things I pick. If you are willing to do this with me, send me a quick email and let me know. It will be easier to have someone to keep accountable to.
We had our first Friday night games last night and the A & B team of boys and girls played. All four teams did good for their first game of the season. It takes awhile to gel as a team. I know they will keep improving. Garth is one of the coaches for the boys teams. He really likes doing that.
We are getting to know the dorm kids. They are so different from the kids last year and we are really enjoying what they are contributing to the dorm. They seem to take pleasure in our kids and Cale is quickly learning all of their names. I was able to get some gluten-free recipes off the internet for our one girl that can’t have flour, sugar, or dairy, so I will be trying those this weekend. Hopefully they will turn out or at least be edible.
Hope all of you Walworth County folks enjoyed the Fair. I REALLY miss going there, and so do the kids. If anyone wants to send us pictures we would love it.
Talk to you soon-
Rachel

No comments: