Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Senior Salad

A little bit of humor to add joy to your day. Garth and Sophie were talking about Christmas and their favorite part of it. Sophie said she likes presents. Garth said family. He said to Sophie that someday she will grow up and move out and then they won’t be able to spend as much time together as they do now. Garth asked her if she would still come home for Christmas. She said, “Yes. I hope you are still alive then.” She has already asked me if she could have my clothes when I die. Glad it is not something that is tearing her up. That silly girl.
We just got back from the library and checked out 3 bags of books just like we always do and now Garth is reading some of them to the kids. The dorm kids are back from the beach and have a wonderful time of bonding and initiating the freshman. The seniors are always in charge of that. I hear they made up a “senior salad” full of egg shells, leftover food and live crabs and other assorted things. That was dumped on various freshman, along with other crazy stunts. I have heard only good things from the weekend.
Garth spoke in church on Sunday and did a fantastic job. I always enjoy listening to him. He spoke on Ephesians 6 on the armor of God and how we need to be equipped for battle-not with one of piece of armor, but with all of them.
I need to tell you all the answer to the riddle about what word can be written forwards, backwards, and upside down and still read the same left to right: It is NOON. I had some good guesses. One guess from a few of you was tot-I could see how that might work with a
lowercase t.
Time for bed.
Love to all-
Rachel

No comments: