Monday, February 4, 2008

February 4, 2008 - Family Weekend

We had some nice family time this weekend. Hope you are too. On Saturday, after we slept in and ate cinnamon rolls (I have the recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls-and they are goooooooooooood!), we decided to take the kids to a place called TIMEZONE. It is a lot like Chuck-E-Cheese with games and rides. Then we took them to a place called Bakso for lunch. We went with Jodi and her 3 kids since her husband, (Jason), is in Jakarta till Thursday. Afterwards, the kids all ran around Jodi’s big yard while we worked on Yanis’ foot. Today, after church we had them all over for a big brunch and then Garth took the kids to the pool while we worked on Yanis’ foot. Garth is a brave, brave man. One adult and 7 kids (ages 10 to 2 ). He did great. Jodi and I asked a local nurse to come look at Yanis’ foot and give us her opinion on how we are doing. She has worked with burn victims before in the States and we really needed a professional opinion. She looked at it and told us that she thought we were doing a good job and told us what to look for in regards to potential problems. It was good for both of us to hear from someone that knows what they are talking about exactly what else we need to be doing.

Today when I was getting ready for lunch Sophie came in the kitchen and was talking to me and I told her that her friend Maya was coming over for lunch and that they would be able to play together today. She looked at me and said, “Mom, I don’t think I will be playing much today.” I said, “Why, Soph? Are you feeling sick?” She said, “No. It’s just that…well, I don’t know why this is, but, grown ups don’t really play much with each other, and I really want to be a grown up so I guess, I won’t play today.” That thought lasted all of about 2 seconds. She was off and playing before I could ask her to explain that. While we are on the subject of Sophie, I must tell you that she does have malaria (Tropica +1). We caught it right at the beginning stage so it was easily treated and she was better after the first pill. She was susceptible to it because her immunity was down with the strep. She is feeling really good now and had a wonderful time at the pool.

Wyatt just got back from soccer and Garth told me he scored the last goal of the game. His team lost, but he had a great time. Emma was praying for Grandma Dottie (Garth’s Mom) before bed and prayed that she would be comforted since she just lost her husband. She prayed, “And God, please have a good day up in Heaven with Paul.” She has such a tender heart.

Oh, I wanted to mention that I was on nursery duty today and would you believe it, there was another baby in there named Cale but he spelled it with a K. How bizarre! I noticed a few things while I was in there. They are severely lacking in the nursery department. They have a few toys, tiny nubs of crayons, one coloring book, no wipes, no snacks, not even a rug to put down on the hard, tile floor. If anyone feels so led to contribute to this cause, I would be happy to buy these items to put in there. All of the things they need, I could find here. If you would like to help and you live by my family you could give a check to my Mom and she would put it in our account and I would be able to access it from here. Otherwise, send me an email and let me know you are interested and I will email you info on what to do. Thanks!

I should go. I just remembered that I agreed to make snacks for Emma’s class tomorrow. It is the 100th day of school and they are having a party.

Have fun today!

Rachel

No comments: