Friday, February 22, 2008

February 21, 2008 - Garth

I am sending a quick update on Garth. You will have to wait till later to get all of the gory details. At 3 am on Wed. morning Garth woke up with stomach pains. We tried a bunch of things but by 9 I called our nurse and she gave me some suggestions. I spent some time looking it up online and felt like I needed to do something besides waiting. So I called our other nurse and she came right over and checked Garth. She felt like it might be an appendicitis so we took Garth to the hospital. He went in for surgery at 9 pm and was back in his room recovering by 11. I spent the night with him at the hospital. He is doing well. Hopefully he will be able to come home by Friday. Pray for a quick recovery and no complications. He need to be able to move his bowels and pass gas before he can leave. Thanks for your prayers. I was able to watch the whole surgery (which was fascinating) and I asked for the appendix so I could see it so it is here in my backpack. (Crazy, I know.) Emma came home from school today at 9 throwing up. It might have been nerves about her Daddy. Hopefully she is not sick…I just took an ojek (Motorcycle taxi) home from the hospital to be with Emma and shower etc. then I am going back. I will write more later.
Thanks for your concern.
Love
Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

Never thought we'd be praying for Garth to "move his bowels and pass gas" but alas. Drastic means ......
We are praying for all of you and thankful that things were not worse. Think of you guys so often. You are our inspiration of risking. Thanks for being an obedient example. Love you lots. The ERIC FUHRMAN TRIBE