Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 10, 2008 - An Update From Me - With A Riddle

How did you like that picture of the bat? It looks more like a dog with wings. Goodness it is big! And yes, it was dead. Don’t you worry your pretty little heads over that. The yard worker over at the Olver’s house caught it so they called us to go down and check it out. Amazing, isn’t it? We saw the shadow of one outside our window the other night and could hear its’ wings flapping around. Talk about freaky. I might reconsider going out at night now. I was told that the yard workers would probably eat it. Bat stew anyone?
Well, some of the dorm kids are back. Four of them went to Wamena to see their parents and will be back on Monday. It sounds like the whole OE experience was terrific. I set up a little first aid station and cleaned out cuts and scrapes for them. There are mounds of laundry to be done, but unfortunate for us it has been raining and raining so the clothes can’t get out on the line to dry. Bummer!
Right now Garth took all of the dorm kids out to eat at a place called Mickeys. I am here because once again we have a sick kid. This time it is Cale. He has had a fever for a few days and white patches on his throat so I am here with him. He started an antibiotic yesterday so he should start getting better soon. I am trying not to get frustrated that we keep getting sick. It feels like we haven’t had a week with no sickness for a long time. Yet I am so thankful for the nurses and doctors here that I can call any time of day with questions or problems about sickness. They have been so helpful.
Pray for quick healing and extra patience in dealing with this sickness. One of the dorm kids has strep and another one thinks he might be getting it. It is hard in these close quarters to isolate the sickness. If Cale doesn’t start responding to the antibiotic by tomorrow we will have to have him tested for malaria.
O.k. I don’t want to end on a “sad” note so I am going to tell you a joke.
Wyatt: “Hey, Sophie-can you use the words green, pink, and yellow in the same sentence?”
Sophie: “Sure. When the phone goes green, green, I pink it up and say,’ Yellow.’”

Emma wants you to try this tongue twister – Little lady Lily Lizard licked a lollipop.

And, lastly, Cale wants to leave you with this riddle – What breaks but never falls and what falls but never breaks? (The answer will be in the next email). If you figure it out, email me your answer.
Ta Ta for now-
Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Night falls but never breaks
Day breaks but never falls....

Am I right??

AnnaK said...

water falls but never breaks....but I can't figure out the second half...