Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 21, 2007 - Wyatt and Sophie

We haven’t had internet for awhile, but right at this exact minute we do, so I am going to type fast because we might lose it. Wyatt is doing better. His malaria slide came back negative, and it looks like he does not have dengue fever. Today his fever broke so now we just have to watch for a rash. His tonsils are still quite swollen and he has a patch or two on his throat, but it is not strep so we will just keep treating him the same. He was so much better today. He was able to move around without being in so much pain. Sophie is still sick, but better. Her fever is down. She is still having stomach pains, her face is quite white, but she was able to get up and around more today that yesterday. We did a malaria slide on her but haven’t gotten the results yet. Wyatt’s platelets were up today so that is good news too. They may both just have a virus. Thank you so much for praying. You guys helped get them better, and we greatly appreciate your concern for our kids. It is no fun to see them so sick. And what a way to start your Christmas break. UGH!
Garth took 2 dorm kids to the airport today and will take one tomorrow at 6:30 in the morning. Then they will all be home with their families for the holidays. I made some gingerbread cookies today. It has been impossible to find molasses here so I was told that I could substitute kecup manis for molasses. I thought I would try it and it worked. They were very good. While the cookies were cooling on the counter Cale snuck in and before I knew it he had one whole cookie in his mouth and another one in his hand. I said, “Cale, you need to ask Mommy before you take a cookie.” So, with his mouth stuffed full he looks at me and says, “Cookie?” How could I say no?
I hope you all know how important you are to us. Even though we are far away and may not call you often, or see you (ever), we still care deeply for you. We pray for our “family” that we left behind all the time. Especially now at the Holidays, we want you to feel the peace that only can come from God. I know that this is the season for craziness and rushing around and not having enough time to get everything done, but still, stop and remember. Remember what this time is about. God should not get pushed out because of your busyness, He should be what makes you stop. And remember. Remember that there is so much more to this life than presents and cookies. Those things won’t last forever. He is really the only thing that will.
Well, try not to freeze there and I will try not to boil. Look up at the moon and realize that in a few hours that is the same moon that I will see. The same one. Isn’t that cool? It’s like we are connected!
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: