Monday, December 3, 2007

December 1, 2007 - Malaria Pills, God, and Barbies

Sophie said to me today, “Mom, do you know what a great thing about you is? You know how to shove my malaria pill down my throat so I don’t choke.” I have so many talents! On Friday she had her friend Maya over and they were playing Barbies. Sophie took the big, buff California surfer boy Barbie and said, “Let’s make him God.” Maya says, “o.k.” Later when they were picking teams for something with the Barbies, Sophie says, “We’ll do boys against the girls and I think all the girls should be on God’s team.” That sounds like a great idea to me-girl’s will totally win, Soph!
Today was a hustle and bustle of activity. The high school had their Christmas banquet. It is a really big deal. The student council spends a lot of time planning where it will be and what they will do, they all have dates and get real dressed up. I had fun helping the boys with their ties, and getting last minute stains out of their shirts, shining shoes…the boys all went out around our yard and picked flowers for the corsages, then we wrapped them in ribbons and put a straight pin in the back. The boys all brought a gift for their dates so I helped them wrap them. The guys here are very considerate. Almost all of them went with their date as “just friends”, but they still treat them so nice. The banquet was at a nice restaurant here and then they went on a boat ride afterwards. They all just got back a few minutes ago. We planned that they would change and then we would watch Elf and pop some corn. So I need to go in a minute.
Garth is preaching in church tomorrow. I am excited about that. He does a great job, and I always enjoy hearing from him. A friend of ours from college, Jim Elliot, came by today. He brought a guy to our hospital that is real sick with cancer. It was nice to see him again. The last time we all saw each other was at our wedding.
O.k. off to movie watch.
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: