Thursday, August 30, 2007

August 30, 2007 - Hari Kamis

In case you are wondering Harold---ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA is going to win!!!! Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry...

We had quite the downpour this morning when the kids all left for the beach. I am hoping that it is not raining at the beach. The place they were going is about 45 minutes away. It was very quiet here for dinner, but we invited a husband and his 2 kids over since their Mom was on the beach trip and we didn't want them to starve.
Sophie had her friend Maya over after school and we watched Sound of Music-she had never seen it. That was so fun. I love that movie. The girls wanted to watch the kiss over and over...Girl stuff. Wyatt had his friend Caleb over after school, and they read joke books, played out on the playground and played video games...Boy stuff.
Today was nice and cool. I think the only time I was sweating was when I went walking with Jodi. Garth on the other hand played 5 games of racquetball with his friend Scott and was quite drippy. How convenient to have a court so close. We are enjoying all of the perks that come from being here.
Garth and I both got a "Bagus sembali" (Very good job) from our Guru (Teacher) today in Indonesian class about our homework. Today we learned what to say at the market when we are shopping alone. I just need to bring my notebook with everywhere so I can read what to say.
I will use what I learned tomorrow when I go to the store. I am going to try to cook an Indonesian meal on Sunday for everyone. It is called Santan. Santan is actually coconut milk, but the dish is called that too. It has lemon grass, and tumeric and is very good. I had it once before but I have never made it. So we will see. Let me know if you want the recipe.(Hi, Mom)
I must tell you something bizarre before I go to bed. The other day I was talking to an Indonesian nanny that picks up a girl in Sophie's class, and she was with her friend. The friend knew some English so I was talking asking her questions. She asked where I was from in the States, and I said Wisconsin. "I know Wis. " she says. "My brother lives in Milwaukee. He moved there to go to MSOE and now works at Rockwell." I almost fell off the bench. What are the odds of bumping into someone here that knows someone from there? Amazing. I asked her if he was going to move back, but she said No, that he loves the snow.
Well, I have been IMing Carlena while I type this. She and Tess just got back from Great America. If you see her ask her how many times they went on the Giant Drop...Those two are just like a couple of kids when it comes to roller coasters.
I must go,
Love,
Rachel

No comments: