Friday, August 24, 2007

August 23 2007

Today was ping pong day, well I should say ping pong table day. There is usually a ping pong table in the dorm but for some reason it had been taken out before we got here. So we were asking if anyone knew where it was. And today they brought us the table. Now we need a net, ball, and paddles, then we will be good to go. As many of you know we LOVE ping pong and have had tournaments in our basement in WIS. We are looking forward to interacting with the kids here while we play. (Watch out Ang!!!! Wait till we get home!)
O.k. I need everyone to give Harold a break, I didn't realize I would be creating so many enemies for him by sharing what he said. I am sure he takes it back. Ha ha!
I will give you my day in one sentence. Language tutor, friends visiting, play dates, baking, baths, power walking (I say power because Jodi and I took turns pushing the stroller up the hills), and then Open House for the Elementary. Fun!!
Oh, and it rained a bit today and I actually saw my first rainbow right over the hostel. Wyatt saw it first and ran in to get me. It was a beautiful sight.
I wish you could all see what I see everyday. I would try to describe it but I can't. Breathtaking!
I did have another first today. Poppi told me she ordered some fish, but I wasn't expecting it to come in a bucket on a motorcycle. The guy pulled up with a huge black fish, put a board on the ground , pulled out a large knife and just started hacking it up into big chunks for Poppi. That was interesting to watch.
Well, it is almost tomorrow here and I should not be awake.
Bye for now,
Rachel

Oh I made an error in my last e-mail. It should have said that it was the Indonesians trying to poison the Papuans. Sorry for any trouble that caused.

No comments: