Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Saturday, Saturday night!"

"Saturday, Saturday night!" How many of you have heard Garth sing that song? Ha! It is so fun to get to the weekend, isn't it? I made homemade pancakes today and had to 5 times the recipe! Also for the first time ever I tried mahling. It is kind of like Spam in a can and you fry it. It is the Indonesian sausage. I fried it up in the same pan I fried the bacon in, and that greatly improved the flavor. The dorm kids like it
We hung out here today played basketball and frisbee with some of the dorm kids and our kids. There was another awesome storm this morning. The timing of it was cool because we had NO water this morning here-not a drop-and then God sent rain. I ran out with some of our packing containers and stuck them under down spouts-and we had water.!!!!!YEAH! God even cares about the little stuff-like a bunch of kids in Indonesia that wanted to wash their hands.
This afternoon I went to Abe (pronounced Ah-bay) with a bunch of the dorm kids, and picked up KFC on the way home. That was a nice treat. I heard that the owner of Multi-Jaya (the store at the bottom of our hill) is taking a survey about a new place coming to Sentani-do we want McDonalds, Wendys, or Starbucks? That would be something to see one of those right here! Believe me I will take a picture of what ever we get.
Tonight the Erickson clan took a walk and while we were walking we heard the Muslim call to prayer. They sing it over a loud speaker and the last few days you could tell the speaker has had its last days-it is so crackly. (Donald, they need you here on sound) Tonight when Sophie heard it she said "Mom, that guy needs a cough drop!"
Four of our dorm kids are leading Praise and Worship tomorrow. The Erickson kids are excited because they will finally get to go to kids church. I guess they only have it every other week since there aren't enough people to volunteer to serve. We never have THAT problem in the States, now do we...(Harry)
Angela, e-mail the name of what you had cuz I said that I would put it in here.
O.K. Love to all-
Rachel

No comments: