Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rats and Pranks

Sophie and I are both doing much better after our bout with malaria.  Yahoo!!  It is nice to feel good again.
And the tsunami wasn’t more than two foot waves around us.  So that is a HUGE answer to prayer.  There was a group of kids that went to the beach the day after the tsunami (how smart was that…) and they said that the ocean was acting real weird.  The tide was up real high and stayed that way the whole day.  They said the whole ocean would swell up and go down, then rise up and go down, and the currents were all messed up, switching directions.  Farther up from us, there are houses that were on stilts in the water that were swept away completely, and at least one death.  We do not have the news so all I know is from word of mouth.
All the girls of the Hostel were feeling a bit mischievous this weekend.  The boys left early Saturday morning for a retreat.  So we had the idea to do a “makeover” of their rooms.  We put up pink and purple curtains, and bows, and lots of Barbie and Hannah Montana stuff, along with make-up clad mannequin heads stuffed in their beds, headless Barbies and hidden Polly Pockets in their bathrooms…(I have a bit of my father in me-he can be quite the prankster.)  It was quite hilarious to hear them hooting and hollering when they came back.  Haha.
clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004
A week without a cat and there is already a rat in our kitchen.  A few of the dorm boys told me they saw it in the cabinets where we keep our pans…I asked them when they saw it.  They said on Friday.  Here it is Monday and they are just telling me.  Do you know how many times I went into that cabinet this weekend???  UGH!  Rats freak me out.  When we first came here four years ago, our helper, Ibu Poppi caught a rat in the kitchen and was so happy she brought it over to show me.  Oh my goodness!  Definitely not what I thought I would see when I heard her calling me in.
I hope that I can sleep tonight and not think about what might be running around the house!!!!
Love you all
Rachel

No comments: