Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good News

We found the key!!  Actually Garth found the key.  It was such a God moment.  He was standing by our front door waiting for the Director of the school to come over and see if he had a key, when he noticed that the back wheel on Cale’s old stroller was broken.  He called me over and I said that it looked like it could be fixed.  So, Garth flipped the stroller over to try and fix the wheel and the key fell out!!  There is logically no reason that the key should have been anywhere near that old stroller.  We have no idea why, but it has been found!!  Yahoo!!  What a relief!

Now back to normal-haha.  What is that?  The dorm kids leave tomorrow for Outdoor Education.  The timing of things here are crazy.  Tomorrow at ten o’clock at night Garth has to drive them an hour to Jayapura where they will wait for their boat.  Then they will be on the boat for 30 hours until they get to Nabire.  They needed meals for the boat ride so I have been making and baking so each kid has a big bag of munchies.

In a few minutes I will go down and “play” with Emma and her 5th grade class.  One of her teachers thought since they are studying space and stars, it would be fun to have a sleep over so the kids can observe the night sky, play games, have a bonfire, eat, hang out and then the girls (with me) will sleep in the library and the boys (with the teacher) in the classroom.  I say sleep because I am really hoping that we actually do.

More good news- We caught the rat!!!  Some friends let us borrow their live rat trap and we caught the rat last night under the sink.  A friend of ours asked if he could have it to feed to his snake.  Cale wanted to keep it as a pet but THERE IS NO WAY, JOSE!!  I was so glad to see that thing go.  I sure hope he was the only one.

Here are some pictures of the rat, and Garth’s volleyball team yesterday, and the boys and girls basketball teams for the tournament.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Ericksons!
Thanks for reading and posting on my blog! And what a blessing to "meet" more believers in our Christ!
I understand the missing key...my youngest lost a blockbuster kiosk video..$4 dollars and days later..he say's, "OH yeah, I put it in the Christmas box.."
have a blessed day!