Thursday, March 10, 2011

Highlights

Well, I am one year older than I was the last time I wrote to you.  Thank you to everyone that sent me birthday wishes.  It was very sweet and I appreciated the kindness.  We had cake and homemade ice cream with the dorm and a nice party with our family.  They all made me fantastic cards along with a few nice gifts.  I feel very blessed. 

A few of the highlights of my weekend:

The basketball team that I play with on Friday mornings had a game against a local Indonesian team.  The team arrived an hour and fifteen minutes late and we ended with a tie of 35-35.  It was a great deal of fun and I hope we can do it again.

Last night was our Talent Night.  Emma did a song, and a bunch of jokes with her class, along with reading a poem that I wrote about Hostel life.

Wyatt was up there for a paper airplane contest and got second place.

Cale was dressed up as Megamind and had a few different acts that he was in.  (I put a picture of Megamind that I got off the internet in case you didn’t see the movie.)  It was absolutely hilarious and I am so proud of all of them.  The pictures from up on the stage are quite dark and I apologize.  It is quite dark in there and the pictures didn’t turn out well.  After the show They asked Cale to stand in the back and sign autographs.  That made him feel very famous.  He said to me, “Mom, I am like the star of the show!”

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008clip_image009clip_image010clip_image011clip_image012clip_image013clip_image014

Love you

Rachel

No comments: