Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Soul

Emma and Sophie cried themselves to sleep last night.  I tried to be of comfort but they were too sad.  I happened to mention the fact that in three months we would be in the States.  That is when the tears began to fall.  They miss family so very much but are sad to think of leaving here.  This has been a great place for them and they all have some wonderful friendships.  They are scared about how different life will be in America.  They feel like all of their old friends have forgotten them and will not want to be their friends anymore. We have been praying as a family for an easy transition, and lots of new meaningful friendships.

There are nights that Cale, who is five years old, calls out for me in his sleep.  I always rush into his room to see what the problem is.  Often he is not even awake, and all he needs is a hug or a rub on his back and then his sweet sleep continues.  I love that!  Something deep down inside of him knows to call out to me.  I want to be like that with God.  I know when I am awake I call out to Him, but I also want the innermost part of my soul to yearn for Him and call out to Him even in my sleep.

Psalm 63:1

My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you.

Psalm 116:7
Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me.

Psalm 84:2
I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord.  With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.

Love you

Rachel

No comments: