Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Garth’s Birthday

Today is Garth’s birthday!!!  Do you know how old (or young) he is?  Fifty!  I can hardly believe it.  For a few months he is in the same decade as my parents.  That blows me away!  He is not letting the number determine his actions (Now, that could be a good thing or a bad thing!)  But in this case it is a good thing.  We are all very blessed to have him.  He loves life, loves people, and loves to laugh.  What a blessing from God!

I decided to try and throw him a surprise birthday party at MAF.  Up until about 20 minutes before we were to be there he had no idea.  Then he started to figure it out.  I had asked everyone, “If you are older than Garth wear black.  Younger than him wear white.”  So Garth saw the kids and I all in white and saw that I laid him out a black shirt to wear and he started wondering what was going on.  But it was still a lot of fun!

How funny-there was only one other person in black!

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

Garth, and Cale and I took a beautiful motorcycle ride out to the cross this morning and then we had a dorm party for him tonight.  I hung up a bunch of older pictures of Garth for all to see.  There were still a bunch of cakes left from Saturday’s party so all I did was make him an apple pie.  Some of the dorm kids got him diapers…a friend of ours got him a beautiful handcrafted Indonesian man in a boat.  One of my gifts he will get to do tomorrow-a flight in MAF’s latest new airplane-the Kodiak!  That will be so much fun!  I am sure he will take pictures for you to see.

clip_image007clip_image008clip_image009clip_image010clip_image011clip_image012

Whether you are fifty, or fifteen or any number below or above-enjoy your minutes.  They go by quickly!

Love you

Rachel

No comments: