Monday, August 23, 2010

Bubblegum

Garth was talking to Cale yesterday.  The conversation went something like this:  Garth- “Cale, you have had a really great life so far.”  Cale- “Yeah, I know.”  Garth-“What has been your favorite part?”  Cale- “The good, healthy food.  And the bubblegum!”

Yeah!!!! for bubblegum and healthy food.  Don’t you wonder what made him pick those two things?  What would you pick?

Family?  Trips?  Babies?  Gum?  Hahaha-I am sure none of us would pick gum…but what would we pick?  Some of the favorite parts of my life are things I did with those I love.  Times we were all together.  It doesn’t have to be this grandiose event - it is just simple times of hanging out with no agenda, just life.  I love that!  You know, I have come to realize that big trips and expensive Christmas presents are so much fun to be a part of, but they are not necessary.  What our family will remember the most are the times when we gave of ourselves to do something with them.  I know that money is tight for a lot of people right now but that doesn’t mean it has to be a negative time for you or your family.  There are plenty of memories to be made that don’t cost anything but time.  Playing games, reading books, taking walks, helping out a neighbor, visiting someone you haven’t seen for awhile…

What else?  I am sure you can come up with your own list.  Try it.

Love you

Rachel

clip_image001

No comments: