Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Runaway!

I sure hope that Mother’s Day was a very special day for all of the Mothers out there.  I had a wonderful day.  The kids of course made me lots of homemade things: necklaces, bracelets, cards…they also went out in the rain and picked me bowls full of fresh flowers.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004

Monday

That was yesterday.  According to my kids, I won the world’s best Mom award…yesterday.  Today however, if you were to grade me, I think I would get an F!  Cale woke up this morning and said that he wanted to run away.  (A few of the dorm kids had been talking about children that run away so he got the idea.)  Well, he packed a bag (items were a toy gun, a Ben 10 toy, his blankie, a snack and a water bottle.)  Then he walked out the door.

clip_image005clip_image006

I was following at a distance just to see what he was going to do.  Sophie at that moment came up from school not feeling well, so I went back to the house with her for a minute.  When Garth and I went back out, we couldn’t find Cale.  Now, we have a gate with guards at the end of our street and I knew they would not let Cale out without me.  But when we went down to that gate, Cale wasn’t there.  I asked the guards and they said Cale was on a motorcycle and went through.  That freaked me out.  We went down to the bottom of our hill-no Cale.  We went out by the street and there he was, sitting on the motorcycle of an Indonesian lady who has her kids in our school.  Apparently he had flagged her down and asked for a ride to Aunt Mary’s house.  He said he wanted to live with her for awhile.  I almost had a heart attack!  This lady had asked Cale if he wanted to take a taxi and he had said yes.  If she would have let him get in a taxi, I don’t know how we would have found him!  Praise the Lord, he is fine and home and is NOT talking about running away again.  What an adventure for a four year old!

My goodness!  Enough excitement for one day-time for bed.

Love

Rachel

 

1 comment:

Kim Neyer said...

I would definitely have had a heart attack! I am glad he is home, safe and sound!