Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just Like Daddy

Cale is going through this phase right now where he wants to smell like his Daddy.  When he is in the shower he MUST use Daddy’s shampoo and loves to put Garth’s shaving cream all over his face.  Once he is out of the shower, he insists on putting on Daddy’s deodorant and then walking around with his arm up asking everyone to, “Smell me!”  And asking, “Don’t I smell just like Daddy?”

I love that he is wanting so much to be just like Daddy!

clip_image001clip_image002

How hard am I trying to smell like MY Daddy?  Now, as wonderful as my Dad (Bob) is, I want you to know that I am not talking about actually smelling like him. Although, when I come back from playing racquetball, and he comes in from working outside, I would bet that we do smell very similar.  But that is not what I mean.  Instead I am talking about how closely I “smell” like God.  Am I trying to put on the same “scents” as Him?  Like love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.  I know with at least two of those I am still pretty STINKY!  (Patience, and self-control)

The scent that I give off will either attract people to God or attract people to me.  It is easy to gather attention for myself, but that is not my goal.  In 2 Corinthians 2:15 it says something like this, “Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma fragrant with life. But those on the way to destruction treat us more like the stench from a rotting corpse.”

I don’t know about  you, but I want to smell like my Daddy!

Love you

Rachel

No comments: