Friday, December 4, 2009

My Trip to Wisconsin

"Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays.." Wouldn't you agree? Well, home is where I am!!!!!! Can you believe it? Cale and I decided to surprise my family and make a trip to Wisconsin (in December. What are we , nuts? It is freezing here!) But we are having so much fun. Cale is loving all the choices in food and the fact that he can drink water right from the faucet. Today God even sent us some snow. My friend brought us a winter coat and some boots and snowpants just Cale's size. And Garth's sister loaded me up with warm shirts and sweaters along with a bunch of warm stuff for Cale as well. We are both still getting used to the time difference. The first night we were in bed at 8 and both up at 4 hungry. We crept upstairs and had a bowl of cereal (Cale has discovered that he loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch). Then we took a nap at 8. I slept till noon and had to wake Cale up at 2. Last night he was up at midnight and wide awake. He crawled into bed with me and started talking. This is what I heard, "Mommy, what color are my jammie pants? Mommy, when you lay like that it looks like you only have one shoulder. Mom, when I say something and then say I am just kidding am I lying?" My, my such questions for so early a time...finally we both fell back to sleep until 5. It takes quite a few days to get all adjusted.

Do I sound like I am closer? I am so excited to be here. The trip was long. It was a total of 48 hours from when I left to when I got here. It will be awesome to celebrate the holidays with my family but a bit sad to miss it with Garth and the kids.

Well, I am sure I will see many of you in church and in Wal-Mart. I can't wait to see Wal-Mart again!

Love you

Rachel

IMG_3286 MVI_3293-2 MVI_3293-1 IMG_3300 MVI_3293 IMG_3301

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

No comments: