Friday, June 26, 2009

Oink, oink!

Well, I did something today that I never thought I would do. I caught a pig. Really. There is a little baby pig living outside our neighbors house right now, just for a month or so, and when we were driving back from the pool, Emma noticed that It had pulled free of its rope and was walking around loose. So, the kids went over to try and get it. The pig however, was not cooperating. So they requested more help. Garth and I went down to assist. The kids named this little guy Albert, and even though we were enticing him with bananas, he would not come. It was quite comical. Cale would corral him when he started going the wrong way and the kids and I would try to grab him as he ran by. Garth was taking pictures. Finally, we all trapped him and I was able to grab him, barely. What a feisty thing! It was great fun! One of our security men was trying to help us as well and he got quite the laughs from watching the six of us and our antics.
Yesterday we did something fun as well. We had our own Olympics with three-legged races, pillow sack races, egg games, etc. We have also started going through a Science experiment book. I want to try and do all of the experiments before the summer is over. Sophie wants to be a scientist when she is older so she is keeping track of all of her observations in a notebook. She has even set up her own lab. Every morning after breakfast she informs me, “Mom, I am going to my lab.” Also, the girls and I have been painting a mural in their room. I let them draw most of it and then we all painted it. I love how it adds their touch to an otherwise boring room.
The kids and I keep asking Garth for a dog while we are here, and he says NO. And he is probably right. With the main school road in our backyard, it would be easy for a dog to get hit. We have already had two of our cats get run over. But, now, after today, I have a new idea. Maybe he would let us get a pig…
Love you-
Rachel

No comments: