Friday, June 26, 2009

Bodysurfing

I am such a geek! Really, I am on the inside. I am lucky that there is not a camera following me around all the time. The reason I am saying this is because I was just thinking about something that happened when we were in Bali. Remember when Garth was sick and I took the kids to the beach without him? Well, I saw Wyatt trying without much success to body surf, so I thought I would show him how. (it is a relatively easy thing if you do it right.) I saw a really big wave coming and was going to use that wave to coast into shore. However, I failed to notice how shallow the water was that I was standing in. I told Wyatt to watch as I caught the wave. There was NO coasting involved in my body surf. The wave slammed me onto the sand and ripped my body quickly up the beach to shore. Of course all of the kids were watching me and didn’t want to laugh until they knew I was ok. (How nice of them!) I had SOOOO much sand in my swimsuit that you could see it in heaping mounds under there. I was not hurt, and yes, I did find it funny. Later when we went home, I realized it was all worth it when I heard Wyatt say, “Dad, you should have seen Mom body surfing. It was so cool!” Now, What’s a couple buckets of sand in your suit compared to a statement like that? Ha ha ha.
Moral of the story: Always check the depth of the sand before you throw your body into a wave!
Love you-
Rachel

No comments: