Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Soap

I have been telling you all about Cale’s little escapades with people pinching his cheeks. Well, today at the pasar (market) I was holding Cale when a man came up and pinched his cheek. Cale said, “Hey, Jangan!” (stop) Then he says, “Pinch my Mom’s cheek, not mine.” Great, Cale. Thanks a lot, Buddy!
Yesterday we took Sophie in to have the check-up on her eye and after waiting almost 3 ½ hours to be seen, they checked her and found one remaining spot. Bummer! Her cornea infection is so much better but not yet completely gone. So we have to go back again on Saturday. Today after school the kids were all outside playing. So at dinner I asked Sophie, “What were you doing outside today?” She said, “I was sitting looking at the different plants on our hill for about an hour. Then I laid back and watched the clouds. I learned a lot about plants by watching them. They were telling me things. Like what their names are.” She has been planting and growing bean plants and took them to school for show-n-tell.
The other day when I was at the store buying bar soap I was noticing the different scents you could get here-woodsy, citrus, flower, and then one soap really caught my eye. It was the soap that said it smelled like cockpit. It reeked! It wasn’t a joke, it was a real soap and a real scent. It reminded me of those Jelly Belly’s you can buy that are flavored like grass, mud or vomit. I bought the soap because I knew you all would enjoy seeing the picture. And I thought about all the pilots out there that might really miss work when they are at home. Wouldn’t they love to smell like the cockpit at work and at home???? Ha ha. I could bring this to the States and make millions in the airports of America…well, maybe not millions. More like pennies.
Anyways, here’s hoping you smell better than this soap.
Love you
Rachel

No comments: