Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pinch My Cheeks

You know…I have been thinking that someone should invent a coffee flavored cereal. That way it would be like getting two things done at once. Especially on those mornings when you are running behind. And think about how yummy that milk at the bottom of the bowl would be!!!! OR how about inventing coffee flavored chocolate chips! That would be enticing! I would happily devour those. Can you tell I am craving coffee????
Well, Cale is getting more bold with his Indonesian lately. He has been saying “Jangan!” to the Indonesians when they pinch his cheeks. That means “STOP!” The other day he was running around the house with one of Wyatt’s pretend guns and he was shooting at people and things. I stopped him and said, “Cale, we don’t shoot at people. You especially never shoot at your Mommy, o.k.?” He thought about it and said, “Can I shoot at bad people-like people that pinch my cheeks?” I said, “Just for pretend, Cale.” So he walked up to one of our dorm girls with his gun and said, “Pinch my cheek.” He is all ready and loaded. I am sure he will “get” the next guy that walks up and pinches his cheeks. It hurts and now he knows what to do.
We are adjusting back into our routine of a full house. The kids are back from Outdoor Education. They were gone for 2 weeks interior in a village called Ebele. They went with a doctor and a dentist and learned how to treat diseases and wounds, how to extract teeth, they showed the Indonesians the proper way to brush their teeth and passed out toothbrushes and toothpaste, along with doing AIDS awareness clinics, showing the Jesus film, setting up kids clubs and various projects like painting and building. What a wonderful, eye-opening experience and we have enjoyed hearing all the stories and looking at all the pictures.
Tomorrow we are taking Sophie back to the hospital for an eye check-up, hopefully it will be the final one (I know you have heard me say that before). There have been a few times I forgot to do the bedtime eye drops before she was asleep, so I go in with a flashlight under my chin and do it while she is sleeping and she never wakes up. That is funny to watch!
It is Sunday here and we are going to go out for a walk.
Love you all-Rachel

No comments: