Saturday, September 14, 2013

On Our Way

We had a beautiful send-off from church full of tight hugs, and heartfelt prayers.  From there we went to O'Hare where God once again showed us how amazing He is.  One of my big stress points has been our luggage, and whether any of the pieces would be overweight and need to be repacked in the airport.  When we got there two sky caps helped get all 20 pieces in to be weighed.  When I went in to see how it was going, Garth announced to me that every piece was underweight.  I yelled out, "Praise the Lord!" and began to cry.  That made Garth cry and even caused the skycap to tear up. Oh, I am SO glad that everything made it through.  We even met another missionary family on their way to Tanzania.
Once we made it through security, we gathered together to thank the Lord for working all of that out for us. 
We had a fairly uneventful flight here to Qatar (13 1/2 hours) -didn't sleep much on the plane.  So, we found an out of the way area in the airport and all crashed for a few hours.  Now, here we sit with another 4 hours until our next flight at 2 a.m.
Thanks for the prayers.  The kids and I have all said that it seems to be so much easier this time.  I am sure it is all the prayers.  We have two more overnight flights so keep praying.
Love you-

Rachel

No comments: