Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Little About My Day

Look what I found in my dishwater today while doing dishes!  Haha.  These little lizards, called cecuks (pronounced cheechucks)are always crawling around, climbing on the ceiling, dropping into all sorts of things.  First time I ever had one in my water, though.  I was making a pitcher of Kool-Aid in the sink right next to this.  Good thing he didn't fall into the pitcher!


Today we had our second Bahasa Indonesia class.  It is going very well.  Lots of fun.  Garth got his motorcycle delivered today!  Yahoo!  It is so much easier to get around on a bike than by car.  It will be so nice to have a bike again. The Honda company gave him a helmet and a jacket.  Looks like the jacket is a bit too small.  Haha.  Garth also took one of our dorm kids in for an x-ray.  (Two kids for x-rays in two days...)  Crazy.  This girl did something to her collarbone or shoulder.  Tonight I am going with her to see an Indonesian doctor named Only One Taylor.  We call him Dr. Only.



I spent a good part of my day trying to get the dorm kitchen organized and familiarizing myself to all that is available in there.  I am happy when things are orderly, and ready to use.  I took  pictures of some of the "treasures" I found.  I am also including pictures of our 2 kitchen pembantus (helpers)-Ibu Elizabet, and Ibu Dina.






Well, it is about time for me to go make some dinner, makan sore.  

Love you all

No comments: