Saturday, April 6, 2013

Floor It

I was going to write this email about how ironic it was that I hand washed the van (you know, trying to get all the snow slime off of it) and then very soon after that the van got sprayed by a skunk. That is not a pretty smell.
BUT, there are much more important things on my mind.  I want to tell all of you that pray for us daily-THANK YOU!  It just may have saved the lives of Garth, Wyatt, and Emma.  There was a near miss with a car that wasn't paying attention.  Praise the Lord Garth thought to look in his rear view mirror and floored it to get out of the way.  Otherwise, those three would have been rear-ended at a high speed!!  God sent some extra guardian angels our way.  Thank you!  Please keep on praying.  
Speaking of Garth, he and Wyatt are in Minnesota.  Garth was invited to speak at a youth retreat for the weekend.  It is going to be a mix of kids from all different backgrounds so pray for God to move in hearts.
One of the things I have been pondering lately is a quote I read.  It says "If you are irritated by every rub, how will you get polished?"  I think it is human nature to push back against every little or big thing that is irritating or bothering us.  We don't appreciate the pressure-didn't invite the friction.  We want the polished, beautiful look without any of the discomfort involved in the process of getting there.  I am still thinking and working on this.  Just wanted to share it with you.
Love you all-

Rachel

No comments: