Sunday, January 15, 2012

It finally came!

Oh, the winter wonderland outside is so beautiful!!!  We are enjoying the snow but not at all used to this cold.  When the kids go out and then come in it takes them so very long to warm up.  It was fun this morning to see all the deer tracks in the snow, and go sledding.  Emma even made a snowman.

I can stand in my kitchen and see the kids sledding down the little hill in our neighbor’s yard.  Today I was straining to hear if one of the kids was crying or screaming with laughter.  I closed my eyes to help me hear the sound better.  Do you ever do that?  Interesting, isn’t it?  We do hear better with our eyes closed because it helps to block out everything else around us.  I am sure that is why we are encouraged to pray with our eyes closed.  It takes away all of the other distractions - closes off the rest of the world so that all we hear is the sweet conversation we are having with our Father.  Prayer is not just us talking to God.  It is also those moments of silence where we sit and listen for His voice.  Ahh, the still, quietness of the soft, falling snow.  And the sweet whispers of my loving Heavenly Father.  What a great way to start the day!

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

 
 

No comments: