Saturday, January 28, 2012

Arms

There was a song we kept singing last weekend at our MK retreat called Forever Reign.  Here are some of the words that I really love:

Oh, I'm running to your arms

I'm running to your arms

The riches of your love will always be enough

Nothing compares to your embrace

Light of the world forever reign!  ( the link is below)

It made me think of when we came home after being gone all weekend.  Cale was so excited to see me, that he ran into my arms.  Now, he didn’t run to me hoping that I would scold him, or smack him.  He ran there looking for comfort, and a great, big hug.  He knew it was a safe, familiar, wonderful place to be.

When was the last time we ran to God’s arms?  Why don’t we run there more often?  It is a comforting, amazing place to rest.  He is waiting to embrace us and hold us close.  Just like I was bursting because I couldn’t wait to hug my kids.  He feels like that with us.  Why?  Because we are special to Him.

Isaiah 40:11
He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart…clip_image002

Rachel

A link to watch the video of this song is below.  Copy and paste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m84URv4Sgxc&feature=related

No comments: