Friday, July 29, 2011

Rest

I know that people talk about how God is not a floodlight illuminating the entire path before you but that He shines a light at the foot of your path.  Well, for me lately it seems like He is shining the light for just one step at a time.  Someone like me wants to run ahead to see what the answer to all my questions is: How are we going to get all the support we need?  If we get accepted by Barnabas it won’t be until Sept.  What do we do until then?  How will we manage a mortgage?  Do we need to get jobs? What do we do about a vehicle?  We are supposed to leave for New York for a family reunion on August first-how are we going to get there?  What are we going to do about medical insurance now that we are in America?  Will we really be approved for a loan for that?  Who would give a loan to someone with no income?  What about all the expenses of starting the kids in school?  What about dentist appts?  Dad just had surgery on his wrist…how can we help him with his recovery?  This is what my mind was racing through last night as I was laying in bed-kind of like a car coming toward you that you can’t stop.

I kept remembering a verse I read the other night when we did a presentation for church-Ps.62:1  “My soul finds rest in God alone…”  I need to keep in mind that He is my rest, not whether or not everything is going exactly the way I want it to.  I don’t need a life with no trials.  I need to remember that I have a God strong enough to lean on when they do come.  Like the song “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.”  I think about the awkwardness of hugging someone that you don’t really know.  There is space between you and it doesn’t last long.  But what about the hug you give someone that you deeply love and haven’t seen for some time.  You are tight, there is no space and it lasts as long as it can.  That is the way I have been clinging to God these last few months.  There are so many scary unanswered questions but I know that He has never left me hanging and I am never forgotten.  God is good.  All the time.  All the time.  God is good.

Please pray for me to slow my mind down and find my rest in Him.

Thanks

Rachel

clip_image001

No comments: