Thursday, July 21, 2011

Manure

I was thinking about all of the cruddy things we do - impatient replies to people we love, talking bad about the person driving in front of us, judging people when we don't know the whole story, saying No when we could have said Yes, holding grudges, being mad when we don't get our way (that is me time and time again).  I picture a clean me standing by a big lake full of cow manure.  Each time I am selfish and throwing fits it is like a handful of manure gets dropped  on me.

Day after day year after year until there is no more me showing, only this enormous mountain of stinky cow poop.  It would be tough to look at that and see something beautiful, something with potential.  But God saw us, He saw me, in my worst state and said, "I love you.  I really, really do.  You are so special to me, and I am going to make something amazing out of your life."

I have been reading in Ephesians and it talks in chapter 2 about how we were all trying to gratify the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts.  BUT BECAUSE OF HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US He made us alive in Christ...He raised us up...seated us in the Heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order to show us the incomparable riches of His grace!!  So I am no longer controlled, or covered in sin.  I have been seated in the heavenlies -Now I need to act like it.

I am so thankful that He saw potential in that pile of manure, aren't you?

Love you-

Rachel

No comments: