Monday, April 4, 2011

Sewage

To the tune of the “Oscar Mayer Weiner” song-

“Oh, I wish there was a plumber in Sentani,

Someone who could fix the leaks for me.

Oh, I wish there was a plumber in Sentani-

That would make us all so happy!”

I have come to realize that plumbing is not a specialty that anyone in Sentani actually knows about.  We have consistently had many problems with leaks and clogs.  This past week was no exception.  There were three leaky toilets and two leaky sinks and one clogged sink.  We have been waiting months and months for the maintenance crew to come and fix it.  In the past they thought they had fixed some of these problems, but because they don’t know what they are doing the problems continue.  One time they just came here and flushed the toilet four times and then said it was fixed.  Finally they came today, but it was not exactly what I had in mind.  They actually brought a septic crew to empty the tank and then they proceeded to dump all the sewage into the valley behind the Hostel.  That hill flows down into the river below where many people bath and wash their clothes and get their drinking water.  I was not happy to see that.  It was a stinky gross thing to watch.  Cale of course thought it was all really cool.  Except for the smell.  He tried putting a clothespin on his nose but couldn’t handle the pain of the pinch.  Time will tell if that solved the problem of the leaks.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

I am sure this is not exactly what you wanted to read about this morning before breakfast.  Believe me, it is not what I wanted to be smelling either.  All that junk was just hidden out of sight.  For awhile, but eventually it started seeping out.  Until finally it all was exposed.  That is how it is with sin.  We think we have it under control, and hidden.  That no one will know.  And it isn’t affecting anyone but ourselves.  But that is so not true.  Sin always affects others.  And even when you think you have it under wraps, it always has a way of spinning crazy out of control.  It would have been so much easier to deal with the problem as soon as it arose.  But because so much time passed, it was a disgusting mess.  Same with sin.  Deal with it right away.  Don’t delay.  It is God’s way.  Just say okay.  Wave hi to a blue jay.  Yell Hey!  Go outside and play-enjoy the day.  Kick some hay.  I’m from Williams Bay, I must say, if I may.  Some people call me Ray.  Don’t forget to pray (for me).  You can tell I need it.  Haha.

Love you today-

Rachel

 
 

No comments: