Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Going to Silimo

Our family has the amazing opportunity to go to a village over Easter break.  One of the parents of two of our dorm boys invited us to spend the time in their village called Silimo.  We will fly out on an MAF airplane early Thursday morning and be there until Tuesday.  Between the two of us we are trying to pre-make all of our meals since the only cooking option there is on a wood stove.  The weather will be quite hot during the day but then cold at night because of the high altitude.  My mind has been non-stop trying to think of all I need to pack for a family of six.  We do have a weight limit of 10 kilos each (except for Cale-he only gets 5).  So I am trying hard to pack light but still have all that we need.  Food is heavy-so I am not sure how I will manage to not be overweight.

It will be a wonderful way for us to wrap up our time here.  I am excited for the whole experience.  Pray that we will all stay healthy-one of the boys going with us found out today that he has strep throat.  Pray that we will be able to sleep well at night, and pray that I don’t forget anything important.

Thanks.  We will not have internet.  I will write tomorrow before we leave and then not again until Tuesday.

I am expecting GREAT things from God!!  He always delivers!!!

Love you

Rachel

 

No comments: