Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipes

I have been giving this recipe out so much lately, I thought I would share it with you all.  It is my NEW all time favorite bread recipe.

I call it The Amazing, Can’t go wrong, Always turns out right even in the hot, humid tropics of Indo and it tastes absolutely fantastic every time Bread Dough Recipe.  (Maybe I should shorten the name)

Bread Dough Recipe

Dissolve 3 Tbsp. yeast with 1 cup very warm water and 1 Tbsp, of sugar-Let sit for 5 minutes

In a Large bowl combine:

3 cups very warm water

1 Tbsp. salt

1 cup sugar (I never use a whole cup)

1 cup oil

2 eggs

Stir in the yeast mixture

Then add flour 1 cup at a time to about 12 cups.  Knead for 5 minutes.  Let rise about an hour.  Bake 3 large or 4 medium loaves at 400 until bottom of loaf is nice and brown.  (about 20 minutes.)

This recipe is fantastic for everything.  I usually make a loaf or two and then use some dough for cinnamon rolls, or bread sticks and use the rest for pizza or pepperoni rolls or pigs in the blanket.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004

Here is the Pepperoni Rolls recipe that the dorm kids can’t get enough of:

Make the dough in the recipe above.

After it has risen for an hour or so, roll some of it flat and cut into squares.  Lay three pieces of pepperoni on each square, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and roll up into balls.

clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007

Let rise a bit, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.  If you want you can brush the tops with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.  They are so amazing!

clip_image008

Enjoy!

Rachel

 
 

1 comment:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Yum! I am going to have to try this bread recipe - it's time to make bread today, and although I have a recipe I like pretty well, I'm always up for trying new things!

Hope you guys are doing well. Sure enjoy your blog :-)

Blessings,
Sarah (MAF Wamena)