Thursday, February 17, 2011

Making and Baking

This week feels like it was all about making and baking.  Between making meals for the sick families, Valentine’s cookies for the kids classes, filling in for Ibu Poppi when she didn’t come in, and making 250 breadsticks for the Valentine’s banquet-it makes me feel like this was the week of food.  I enjoy it and had a great example growing up –my Mom.  She is fantastic at throwing together dinner parties-whether it is for two or twenty.

Yesterday was the Valentine’s Banquet up at school.  Garth and I have never actually gone before.  It tends to be expensive and then trying to find a sitter…so we never go.  But this year they said I could get in free if I made all the breadsticks!  For me that is a great deal.  So we went.  It was very nice.  There was a yummy meal and then we all watched Letters to Juliet.  It was the first date Garth and I have had since July, (maybe our first ever in Indonesia) so we enjoyed the alone time.  Wyatt was in charge of the kids and he did a great job.

clip_image001clip_image002

Today is my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary.  If you see them please tell them Congratulations!!!  I am so proud of them and so fortunate to have parents that really love each other.  What a blessing!

clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005

Happy Anniversary!!!  Wish I was there. 

Rachel

No comments: