Friday, November 19, 2010

Cale’s last birthday here

Today Cale turned 5!  That is such an amazing thing for me to comprehend.  He is my baby!!  Next year he will be in Kindergarten…whatever will I do?  He is such a blessing and joy.  I love that he still crawls into bed with me in the morning to snuggle, and that he loves to sit and read books with us.  And I adore the fact that he still tells me how he wants to marry me when he grows up.  I know someday he will be a teenager that may think otherwise so I am cherishing every one of these moments.  I took a BIG nap in the morning so I would have enough energy for the celebration. He LOVED his alligator cake.

Here are some pictures from his birthday party:

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

I can tell that the dengue fever is slowly leaving  me alone.  It is so strange how it affects your mind.  It makes you real loopy.  Some examples:  The other day I put an empty bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, I couldn’t remember how to say the word- probably.  I couldn’t remember how to spell the word – every.  I had the hardest time counting chairs for Thanksgiving, I couldn’t figure out how to change the toilet paper roll, I sat down to write an email at the craft table instead of the computer table…What a crazy feeling.  I know it is from the dengue and I have been told that it can affect you up to two years after you have had the disease.  How weird!  Anyways, thanks for your prayers.  I am taking it easy and still taking lots of naps.

We had a little problem with our email list and many of your names were deleted.  Garth tried to add you all back on, but if you know of someone that used to be on here and is now off, please let us know.  Or if you are now getting these emails and weren’t before, let me know if you would like your name off.

Thanks.

Rachel

No comments: