Monday, October 4, 2010

Celebrate

I know that every day is a reason to celebrate but today especially.  It is raining!!!  If you knew the drought we have been in you would be jumping for joy with us!  This is a tropical area and is supposed to be nice and lush and green.  However, with so many months of not having rain, everything has been dry, brown, and crunchy.  There have been one or two light showers but no good downpours.  So during church yesterday when it started raining the whole congregation erupted in applause.  Then again early this morning it started again.  That is such exciting news!!!!!

My busy heart that makes time for everyone and everything some days, except for God is just like that parched ground.  In the same way as a little shower here and there didn’t do much for the growth of the plants around me, so just a few minutes with God here and there isn’t going to be doing much for my spiritual growth.  I need downpour moments with God.  Times when that is all my soul is rejoicing in.  All I am focused on. 

Praise the Lord that He is always available and ready for me, because I need Him even more than this dry ground needs the rain!

Love you

Rachel

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

No comments: