Friday, October 22, 2010

Out of Routine

We have had a few problems with our internet, but thankfully now it is up and running.  This week began our volleyball tournaments Wednesday thru Saturday.  It made for some very long days here in the hostel.  We had kids playing in the games, doing scoreboard, line judging, making or selling meals, and Garth was the ref for a large majority of the games as well.  I am looking forward to life getting back as normal.  I don’t like disjointed meals and not being able to catch up on how everyone is doing.

We are down to two pembantus right now.  One, Ibu Lina, has been quite sick and missed a few weeks.  Now Ibu Mellie had to fly to a place called Wamena because a family member died.  I am not sure how long she will be gone.

One of our dorm girls just got back from 5 days in Australia with her family.  Next week Tuesday another of our dorm girls will be leaving.  Her family was in the States and now they are returning.  She is a real sweetheart and we will all miss her.

So life has felt very disrupted here.  I am not one that enjoys that.  I do like some sort of predictability and routine.  God has said throughout the Bible that He never changes, that we can count on Him because He stays the same.  Yet, in no way does that mean that He is boring or unsurprising.  I am one that can loudly vouch for that fact that he is full of surprises.  Living in Indonesia was definitely NOT part of my ten year plan.  Yet look at how He made it happen.  And what a blessing this time has been for our family and especially for me.  I think I had the most stretching that had to take place to make this work.  Every part of it has been worth it.  I am glad that it is not over yet.  I still have much to learn.

Love you all

Rachel

No comments: