Monday, October 4, 2010

Mom’s Special Day

A “few” years ago on this very day, my amazing mother was born.  (In place of the word amazing, you could insert any of the following:  Fantastic, extraordinary, astounding, remarkable, incredible, wonderful, out of this world, creative, beautiful, sweet, kind, hard-working, and oh, so lovely inside and out.)  She is by far, one of our most favorite people in the whole universe.  Because she is such a loveable soul, we are all missing her very much.

One of the boys in Wyatt’s class had his Grandma just fly in for a visit.  I saw him run over to her for a big hug, and I started crying because my heart aches that we have to wait 8 months to hug my Mom. Wyatt said the other day that whenever he pictures Heaven, he pictures Grammo and her yard.  Emma and Sophie are always talking about missing Grammo’s laugh.  Cale keeps asking when we can see her again.  I agree, I can’t wait.  There are people here that heard us tell stories about how we all lived together this summer while we were home.  And they usually make a face as if to say, ‘Uh, I bet that was difficult…”  But we feel the exact opposite.  It was so perfect.  The kids are praying that we can live together for the rest of our lives.  My Mom has a way of making you feel better in her presence.  Everyone is important, no matter who they are.  I am so very thankful to God for being allowed the privilege of being her daughter. 

On this very special day, we all want to wish you a very “Happy Birthday, Mom.”  Hope it is terrific!

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

1 comment:

thru eena's eyes said...

You are absolutely right - Mom is great. You are special too, Rachel. I miss your hugs! Love you!!!