Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Water

It is interesting to me how many times my blog opens and the header is in Chinese. Does that happen to anyone else, or just me? I am sure it is just because of where we are located right now. But how funny! All the side notes on Facebook and the advertisements are in Chinese as well. I can usually log out and back in to the blog and it will come up in English.
Anyways-Cale’s party went really well. There are pictures on the blog. I made a Tom and Jerry cake and he loved it. He was just like Sophie at that age. He wanted to lick off all of the frosting. I still can’t believe he is 3! He is talking more and more and his personality is hilarious. Wonder where he gets that????? Ha ha.
One more week until Thanksgiving. I am doing a GOAL CHECK. For those of you that made goals to accomplish before Thanksgiving, how are you doing? Better than you thought or worse than you thought? I am doing well on some of mine. I am being more disciplined with my time and balancing it out between all the things I have going. I am finding ways to relax more and be more patient, and I am really trying to work on being more happy. It seems like that is the hardest one for me. It is way easier for me to grumble at times than to laugh. I don’t want to be that type of person and I definitely don’t want to be that kind of example to my kids. So I am trying to find more ways to laugh, to look at the bright side, to see the glass as half full, to be silly…I had fun playing in the sand with Cale today trying to build sand castles, getting dirty…snuggling with our new kitties with Sophie and listening to each others tummys while we talked with Emma.
There is this really cool tree on our property that I was looking at today when I was out walking. You can tell if we need rain or not by looking at this tree. When it is dry the tree is just branches. But when we have had rain, it has these beautiful red flowers on it. I was thinking – what if we were that easy to read? What if you could tell on our faces or our skin, every time we needed more of something: more time with family, spouse, kids, more sleep, more time with God, more patience…? That wouldn’t be good for a lot of us. We like to hide those things and that is why when people ask us how we are, many of us say, ”Fine,” when we often are not. So many days are spent with us running on empty or near empty, like we are going through a drought of our own. Taking care of ourselves so we can take care of others is not a bad thing. How much gas can a car give if it is empty? I need to fill up on patience and love and kindness from spending my time with God in the Bible learning and “refreshing” my supply so that I have something to give back. God has all sorts of blessings planned for me (my beautiful red flowers) if I am willing to stay connected to Him. He is after all The Living Water. Who better to refresh my soul than Him?
Love you all
Rachel

No comments: