Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm allergic to...

March 12, 2008
Sophie came into the kitchen yesterday and informed me that she is allergic to two things: snakes and pears. Interesting combination! She will often tell me she is allergic to the things that she doesn't really like. She knows other kids can get out of having to eat certain things or be around certain things because they are allergic, so she thought she would try it. If that is the case then I think I am "allergic" to heat, and scrubbing toilets. How about you?
Garth is progressing, but I think he would say he is "allergic" to appendix surgeries. We have started walking together in the mornings with Cale up and down the hills-well, Cale doesn't walk, he rides...but it is good for Garth and I to do it together. He has been downloading podcasts of sermons and we listen to them as we walk.
Kitty, (Howie), would say he is "allergic" to gates. He is hobbling around on his little splint. We are trying hard to teach Cale how to be gentle., but his gentle is "hardly" soft.
Cale is "allergic" to giving up his will. He is going through quite the time of correction. We are teaching him how important it is to listen and obey whether you want to or not.
Wyatt is "allergic" to homework. He enjoys school but does not enjoy homework. He thinks all work should be able to get done at school. His teacher called and asked me to sub for her tomorrow morning. That should be interesting. I have never subbed grade 4 before. Hmmm...I wonder if I should give homework...
Emma is "allergic" to fighting. She has been having some issues with friends not wanting her to be friends with anyone else and that breaks her heart. She has been coming home in tears. This has been a great teaching tool for us and she is beginning to understand how to be a good friend even to those that make it difficult.
Well, hopefully today you won't have to do any of those things you are "allergic" to. But if you do, plug your nose and maybe it won't be so bad.

Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

Sweet reminders.

Sam is allergic to mealtime. He prefers crackers and other baked goods.

Gabe is also allergic to homework.

Audrey is allergic to disorder with her things (oh my).

Ellie is allergic to sitting in her highchair.