Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008 - Kitty

Well, today wasn't my favorite day. We found out last night, about 10ish, that our kitty was hit by a motorcycle. So Mom, Carlena, and 2 of the dorm kids (Josh and Sung Min), along with 2 of our guards went out to see where it had run off to. We searched and searched but could not find it. Finally we gave up and went to bed. This morning when we woke up, Tebe (Cale named it), the kitty was there, but not doing very good.
So I called the vet and she said that she would come over after church and look at it. She could tell by his breathing that it had a collapsed lung, and possibly a hole in its diaphragm. She said she has never done surgery on a cat here, but would be willing to try.
And boy, did she ever try. Once she got the cat opened up she realized it was much worse than she thought, still she tried, but the cat did not survive the procedure. It was difficult because the kids and I have wanted a pet for years, and finally got one for about 2 months and now it is gone. It was hard for all of us. The kids painted rocks and pieces of wood and we buried it in the backyard.
I am glad that my family was here. That helped big time.
So, we went home and watched Rattatouille and popped popcorn and tried not to think about it.
So that was my day.
Bye for now
Rachel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

It figures that the first posting I read on your blog is about the recent loss of your kitty. I am so sorry because I am a total cat lover and my heart grieves with yours. I will be praying for you and the kids as you adjust.

Love,

Katie