Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Painting you a picture

Hello! Happy Tuesday to you. Let me paint you a picture of what I see right now- The mountain, Cyclops, is behind me with its waterfalls cascading down, the city of Sentani is before me but I am up high so I look down on it in the valley. Lake Sentani is glistening as the sun reflects off of it.  I can see the tops of hundreds of gorgeous green palm trees blowing around in the wind. The sky is huge today with a scattering of white wispy clouds drifting by. I have before me a large hand of bananas that one of our Papuan workers just brought over for the dorm-straight from the tree, some fresh mangoes that I just bought in town, and some pineapples that I picked from our garden. Doesn't that just sound lovely?  No snow, no bitter cold...just sunshine and happiness.
Well, hope you are all well.  Things have shifted into high gear here as we start to prepare for OE (Outdoor Education).  It is from Feb. 9th-20th, and I GET TO BE ONE OF THE LEADERS this year!!!! (Can you tell I am excited?) So, the whole high school (58 students) and 8 leaders, 1 doctor, 1 nurse, 1 lady to plan meals, one maintenance man to help with the projects, 1 to do our devotional times, and one to oversee it all, will be flying into a village called Kosarek. You may recognize that name. It is the same village that Wyatt has gone into several times.  There is so much that goes in to making an event like this possible. IT"S CRAZY!!!!! Garth will be at the Hostel with Cale, Sophie, Hannah and Seun.  Pray for good health, and for safety for all of us.
Ok, time to go back outside and enjoy the remains of the day before it is gone. Love you all-
Rachel



No comments: