Monday, January 26, 2015

Balance

One thing that causes problems here is the lack of balance.  We need rain or we have too much rain.  Food is low in the stores or there will be so much of something it goes bad.  The government will visit villages and pass out money to the people andthen they will have years with nothing.  We are constantly going back and forth.  Well, right now we are in the state of too much rain.  A girlfriend of mine called me today unable to get out to her car. The water was up to her knees.  We all have enjoyed a break from the heat, but the ground needs a break from the water.  Same with our lives, huh? We need balance in how we spend our time, money... and how we use our words. I have been convicted of this lately. I need to be careful that I am not just getting on my kids when they do something wrong, but that I balance my words to them with compliments of all the things they are doing right. I need to make sure that I am not overbalanced with whining, or complaining- but that I am also speaking hope and joy.  What about my prayer life? Am I just asking God for things instead of listening to His voice, and praising Him for who He is?  What about time with my husband?  Do I make time for everything else in my day, but him?  Maintaining a good balance. That is one of my 2015 goals.
There is a bit of sickness going around the dorm. Lots of colds, fevers, and stomach issues.  I am hoping everyone is well by OE.
An update on some of the people I wrote you about the other day.  The little girl that fell is in Jakarta to have surgery on the broken bone in her eye socket. Her 10th birthday is on Thursday.  The man that had a stroke is worse. While he was being treated he had another stroke.  There is lots of trouble right now with visas.  So many people are waiting for their visa paperwork to go through.  Also, a HUGE request is for teachers for next school year. We need 1 lower elementary, 1 upper elementary, 1 Middle school Science and Social studies, 1 secondary math, HS Language Arts, HS Social Studies, Art (all grades)... This is such an awesome place to serve.  If you are at all interested PLEASE email me.
Here are some pictures of our "cold" and dreary day.




No comments: