Monday, March 31, 2014

Boxy Momma

I had such a refreshing weekend!  There was a retreat here in Sentani, put together by a few of the ladies that live here.  There were about 90 women in attendance with some of the ladies flying in from various villages around us.  The theme was "Clothed in Majesty".  What does God want us to put on, and what does He want us to put off.  It was centered around the verses in Colossians 3.  
It was so much fun hanging out with these ladies, singing, playing games, swimming-we even had a fashion show.  I was one of the ladies involved in that.  You were supposed to dress to represent you.  Some of the ladies wore tribal gowns, or specially made wedding garments etc.  Not me...I went as the "Boxy Momma."  Haha.  I am 100% a dorm Mom, and we go through lots of food.  That means we have lots of empty boxes.  Instead of letting the boxes go to waste, I used them to decorate my waist.  I fashioned myself a whole outfit.  It was quite a hoot!
The dorm kids and my kids really missed me.  I came home to Wyatt and Yohan at the door with flowers, signs up around the hostel, the living room picked up and the dishes done.  I guess I need to go away more often.  There is a picture at the end of this email.
Some of you may have seen my post on Facebook a few days ago about the rat we had in our laundry room.  I can handle spiders, and scorpions-I smack them no problem.  But rats I can't stand.  So, I saw one and screamed, (of course), and called the dorm boys to kill it ASAP.  My Facebook status was "One rat + a dorm full of teenage boys=one dead rat, two broken brooms and one happy dorm Mom."  They got it and I was so thankful.  One of the many benefits to living with these jungle boys.  Haha.  
Well, time to get people off to bed.
Love you

Rachel




No comments: