Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Glass Jar


This should warm you up nicely, all of you in the cold, snowy States.  Bask in our sunshine and feel our warmth.  Notice how big the waves were and how many different shades of blue you can see in our big, gorgeous ocean.















Also, as you look at these, think about this:  So often in life we question God, wondering what He is doing, and why He isn't answering our prayers according to our wishes.  Well, I was thinking about that, and this is what I have come up with.  Imagine I scooped up a bit of the ocean water and put it in a glass jar and brought it to an Indonesian who had never seen the ocean before.  I could tell them that it is the ocean, and they could maybe get a small picture of what it really is, but until I take them to actually see it, there is NO way they can truly grasp the vastness of it, or understand how the tides come in and out, or feel the waves as they crash against your feet.  Well, God sees it all.  All I see is the glass jar.  Yet, I still think that I know better.  Sheesh!  I need to trust that great Creator to do what is in my best interest, in His time, according to His will.  Splashing around in the ocean is so much better than holding the jar!

Love,
Rachel

No comments: