Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Update...

Update:  Yesterday Garth and I went to Kota Raja to visit Jacob who is still in the police hospital from the surgery on his arm.  He broke two bones and had to have two pins put in.  We are hoping that he will be able to come home some time this afternoon. His Mom is visiting and will be staying with us until Friday.
We are still dealing with kids having stomach and head aches.  Three kids stayed home from school today.  One of our girls had an asthma attack last night.  Thankfully I had Wyatt's inhaler here.  She needed something quick, and the inhaler helped her breathe again.
We have a set of parents on their way here to see their two kids.  I am always so thankful when the kids can spend some time with their family.  I know so many of them are homesick and they really soak up these moments when they can be together with family. 
I was reading the other day in Psalms 25.  In verse 7 it says, "…according to Your love remember me, for You are good, O Lord."  What a great way for Him to remember me.  According to His great love.  What if He remembered me according to my sins, or my good deeds, or how much money I have?  That would be so discouraging.  BUT, that is definately not what He sees when He looks at me.  He sees His great love for me.  Yahoo!  That is so very reassuring!  I am so thankful for that.
So, I think about verses like that when I am feeling discouraged by all the junk that is going on, all the sickness, all the cultural frustrations.  "To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in You I trust, O my God!"
Thanks for your prayers.

Love you

No comments: