Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Excitement

What kind of things get you excited?  Like really excited? One definition I found was "The feeling of active joy."  A few Sundays ago, our pastor was talking about how people can tell what gets you excited because it is the things you talk about that make your eyes light up.  What does that for you?  The other day while we were at the park my boys got excited when a yellow Lamborghini and a red Ferrari drove by!  That type of excitement comes and goes. I want more than just something passing.  God has been talking to me lately about being that excited about being obedient to Him.
We naturally get excited about the things we are passionate for.  I like this quote:  When you proceed through life with excitement, your life will attract answers to challenges and difficulties around you. So, what is it we are excited about?  What brings us active joy?
It is easy to be excited when God answers a prayer the way we wanted Him to.  But what about being excited during a trial or struggle that really stretches our faith?  Excitedly looking at those opportunities as a chance for God to blow us away with His love?  That is what I really need to work on as my first reaction.  I want to be excited about the things that really matter.  Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength."  All, not part.  That is something to be excited about!

No comments: