Saturday, September 15, 2012

Parker

Such happy days for the Erickson family lately!!  The moment we have all been waiting for for about 13 years has finally arrived…we got a dog!!  Can you believe it?  She is so beautiful.  The family before us named her Parker.  She is a five year old black lab, and is much adored by all.  We all know that she was a blessing straight from God.  The whole process was quite quick, but we could not be more thrilled.
Also, Wyatt turned fourteen this past week.  That is a crazy thought for me to wrap my brain around.  We had his birthday party on Sunday and after he blew out his candles he said, “This is the first birthday I haven’t had to wish for a dog.”  The kids are finally done with school (yahoo!) and Wyatt graduated from 8th grade on Friday.  He is enjoying being on the Williams Bay baseball team and had a soccer tournament in Oshkosh this weekend where they took second place.  A great family friend decided to give Wyatt his pickup truck for his birthday (also known as “Ole Blue).  Wyatt could not be more excited.  A dog, and a truck…talk about a fantastic birthday!!!!
Gath and I have had meetings last week and this week for Barnabas.  It is good for us to learn more about the ministry, and put faces to people’s names.  Last year we were still out of the country when Barnabas had their orientation and yearly meetings so now we are finally able to attend.

Side note:
I have been trying to send this email out with pictures since June 5th.  But our computer has had other ideas!  We have had more problems with losing our internet…finally had a technician fix that and the computer is freaking out and not running right.  I am hoping Garth can fix it one more time.  I have all these ideas swirling around my head just waiting for me to write them down, and it is frustrating not being able to do so.
Anyways, we have much to be thankful for.  Especially our newest addition-Parker.  I will send pics as soon as I can.
Love you
Rachel


No comments: